Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Project

A few years ago while I was shopping in downtown Franklin, I ran across the sweetest quote painted on a piece of framed plywood. Like most other folks on a budget, I decided to take a picture of my finding (aka inspiration) instead of purchasing it. That did the trick for a while, but this summer I decided it was time to finally try to recreate that fun artwork using lyrics from one of my favorite worship songs instead of the quote.  


After spending entirely way too long in Lowe's one afternoon browsing the types of wood and paint swatches, I enlisted the help of my Pepaw to cut my newly purchased plywood. He obliged and even taught me a few tips along the way. Love that man.


Next, it was time to paint...


I could not be more happy with the way this project turned out! You can listen to the song here.


Love,
Bk

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:5-9

3 comments:

  1. Ok, this is my 5th attempt at posting on your blog. I need PePaw to show me how to use those cool tools. I have been watching way too many DIY projects, and I'm ready to start making my own stuff. However, I don't know the name of the tools, let alone what their actual purpose entails. For example, mom and I used pruning sheers to "saw" down huge tree limbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment finally went through!!!! Maybe I am ready to test the saw - apparently the 5th try works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Ally, you crack me up. I need to learn how to use those tools too!!! One thing I learned during this project was the smaller the teeth (meaning the closer they are together) on the saw, the smoother the cut/edge. Don't ask me how to turn the thing on though!

    ReplyDelete