Make six DIY crafts (one has to be a sewing project). T-shirt Scarf Bauble Necklace Flower Magnet @ School Jewelry Paper Garland-Does sewing paper count?
- Read two books- Don't judge, it's better than zero.
- Radical by David Platt
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- A Marriage Without Regrets by Kay Arthur- Thanks for the recommendation, Lindsey and Kristen! I am halfway finished.
Look Me In the Eye by John Elder Robison
- Plan a big trip (such as Chicago, New York City, or Boston).- One is in the works!
Make five new recipes. Cookie Dough Dip Chicken Divan Pioneer Woman's Pancakes Black Bean Salad Bacon Wrapped Green Beans Frozen Strawberry Salad- Extra Homemade Blueberry Muffins- Extra +1 Chicken Tortilla Soup- Extra +2 Morning Glory Muffins- Extra +3 Italian Salad Dressing- Extra +4 Omelets- Overachiever Figure out where we want to live for at least the next three years.- We have a tentative plan which is good enough for right now! Start a journal-Does a blog count? Celebrate Mom's 50th Birthday!!
- Make a birthday calendar.
Go to an art retreat. Go shopping in Birmingham. Visit the flea market in Nashville. Go skiing with my dad. Start a new tradition with my husband.
- Learn how to can tomatoes- Amanda?? Are you reading this??
- Complete Red Velvet's Art Journal E-course.
Learn to use my cricut. Vote!! Pray more. Make a few Christmas gifts this year. Start exercising.
This was probably one of the best things I could have done for myself this year- my only regret is that it took me 28 YEARS to figure this out!! Making a personal goal list motivated me to do things when I would have normally felt too tired to do anything out of the ordinary.
Because I loved making a goal list soo much last year I am challenging you, my favorite readers, to make one with me in January 2013!! I think it would be a great way to document your year on a page (or two). Think about it... (a) It's easy, (b) It's super fast, and (c) It's an awesome keepsake to share with your family a few years from now. Have I convinced you yet???
I can't wait to see what some of you come up with:)