Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reasons I Love My Grandmother


My grandmother has her family over for dinner every Sunday after church. 

I love that about her.

My grandmother claims she has never been a good hostess (see above).

I love that about her.
My grandmother loved my grandfather and still talks about him with such admiration.

I love that about her.

 My grandmother claims she doesn't recognize herself in the mirror anymore.  
This may sound sad to some, but to me it tells me she is still young at heart.  

I love that about her.

 My grandmother loves church hymns.  She says there's no other place besides a church building where you can hear such beautiful music.  One of her favorites is "One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus".  

I love that about her.
My grandmother says this picture makes her look like an old Indian woman. 

I love that about her.

My grandmother thinks everybody is hungry and should always 
eat when they visit her house.

I love that about her.

My grandmother talks with a faded French accent, 
loves cajun music, and can shuffle her feet with the best of them. 

All these things, I love about her.

My grandmother says she never was a businesswoman.  

I resemble that about her.

My grandmother genuinely loves her eight children (and their spouses); nineteen grandchildren (and their spouses); and nine great-grandchildren- we are all her favorites.  

I love that about her.


My grandmother is the sweetest, toughest lady I know.
I, along with many others, love that about her!

I love you, Grandma!

1 comment: