Friday, July 25, 2014

The Biltmore Estate

This post is a little out of order because it actually took place before the TEACCH training, but I wanted to explain the conference and the reason we were in Asheville before I posted these pictures. Since the TEACCH training lasted until 4:30pm Monday through Friday, we knew the only day we would have time to tour this beautiful property was on Sunday afternoon. With that being said, after a full day of flying (starting at 4am) my co-workers and I decided to tour the Biltmore Estate as soon as we arrived in Asheville, North Carolina. 


If you've never been, you should seriously consider checking it out.  This was my second time seeing it if that tells you anything.


As cliche as it may sound, walking across this lawn made me feel like a real-life princess:-). 


In fact, we decided to walk across it barefoot so we could soak it up as much as possible! 



Did I mention that I love these girls?!


This was pretty much the view of the 8,000 acre estate from every opening in the house. I think I could get used to that!


After we finished touring the Biltmore Estate, we decided to check out the Gardens & Grounds and the Winery. I don't have any pictures of the latter, but it was pretty impressive too.



I have a secret obsession with beautifully arranged flower pots.  This one did not disappoint!


Happy Weekend!
Bk

No comments:

Post a Comment