Sunday, January 19, 2014

"What Are You Passionate About?"

Every time I run into a certain someone, **cough, cough, Melanie** she always asks me what I am passionate about. To be honest I think I have been living in survival mode for so long that I have never stopped to really think about what my true passions are.  I ran into that certain someone again yesterday and of course she asked, "What are you passionate about?" Needless to say, I spent the better part of the last 24 hours contemplating my true passions. Here is what I came up with!


I am passionate about my family and friends.  Although I am an introvert, I actually feel the most energized and motivated when I am around people I am the closest to- especially my best friends. I am a quality-time girl through and through.

Deep, meaningful conversation makes my world go 'round.  I love hearing people speak from the heart. Such raw emotion. If there's a question people do not want someone to ask... I will probably be the one to ask it. Not out of rudeness, but simply because I crave it.

My heart yearns to have children someday. Is it weird and/or allowed to be passionate about something/someone I have never met?!

I am passionate about making jewelry.  Some people dream of having an art room for painting (or maybe that's just Allie from The Notebook:-)), but I dream of having a room to make jewelry in one day.


I am passionate about keeping things clean and organized- probably almost to a fault.

I am passionate about my Jesus. I am not alot of things by nature, but I strive to be more ____ (fill in the blank with any fruit of the spirit) out of obedience to Him.  He truly is the reason I get out of bed every morning.

I.heart.music. If I had to choose between the radio or television, I would choose the radio every single time.

I am passionate about shopping. Window shopping, craft shopping, clothes shopping, house shopping- I love all of it.


And this post wouldn't be complete without my favorite quote by Donald Miller in Blue Like Jazz.
“I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve.  But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone.  I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.  After that I liked jazz music. Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way." 
With that being said, at the end of the day I am pretty content doing almost anything as long as it is with the right people. True story.

Love,
Bk

No comments:

Post a Comment